Doyce Howard Younts, a devoted husband and father of Katy, Texas, formerly of Temple, Texas went to be with the Lord and Savior March 16, 2019. Mr. Younts is preceded in death by his parents. He is survived by his wife, children and grand-children.
Mr. Younts is a United States Air Force veteran of the Vietnam War with medals and awards including:
· Air Force Good Conduct Medal
· Air Force Longevity Service Award
· Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
· Air Medal
· Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
· Combat Readiness Medal
· Presidential Unit Citation
· Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal
· Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm
· Vietnam Service Medal
While in the Air Force, Mr. Younts worked as a flight engineer and a mental health clinic technician. He completed Advanced Flying Course and Deep Sea Survival Training. He retired as a master sergeant (MSGT E-7) after serving more than 20 years in the United States Air Force. Later, Mr. Younts served as a Postmaster for the Pendleton, Texas Post Office.
Graveside services will be at 1:00 PM, Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen, Texas.
To send flowers to Doyce's family, please visit our floral section.